Title Goes Here

If you can't get enough of me in person, then this is the place for you.

Now Playing

Monday, August 07, 2006

Not Cool Dudes...

I went to Ozz fest at Nissan Pavilion today with Kevin, Laurel and Crystal. It was 10 bucks and System of a Down was playing so it seemed like a good deal... Ill review the concert later as I need to go to bed now, but overall it was fun, even though most of it wasnt really my style, but for 10 bucks, you really cant loose. System of a Down was awesome, which was what was important.

Anyway, I just wanted to quickly point out a few things that realy pissed me off and I have to vent about
. When System of a Down started, I left the rest of the group who were sitting/standing at the very front of the lawn area on the part where it slopes down real steeply to the sidewalk that seperates the lawn from the pavilion, and wandered a little deaper into the lawn where the mosh pits and crowd surfers were for a more intense experience. What I found were a bunch of stupid assholes.

First off, the stupidity. People were crowd surfing right at the edge of where the lawn gets really steep to go down to the sidewalk, and where the people concentration thins out significantly (and the people aren't paying attention to the crowd surfers), which seems like a bad idea. Some of us more rational people were trying to push the surfers away from the edge and get others to do the same, but still, surfers were getting on right near the edge and the people below them were directing them precariously towards it. Considering the number of people I saw with busted faces (one guy took a face plant into the sidewalk; not sure if he was drunk, tripped, or fell off the edge of the crowd surf ocean), It seemed like caution was advisable.

Next the assholeness. When I go to a heavy concert, I see people act like idiots in the pit, knocking each otehr around as if they wanted to kill each other, but if someone falls, there is an arm to help them up or someone offering a shirt to wipe the blood. People tend to have this code of concert conduct even when they are being really violent towards each other. This evidently does not extend to female crowd surfers. When you crowd surf, you should expect to be manhandled a little bit, maybe your ass ,chest or loins will get inadvertently grazed and its no big deal, thats part of the contract you sign when you get on. You should not however expect to be molested by a bunch of degenerate assholes. One girl took her top off (well she was holding it and didnt seem upset about it being off, so I assume so), and she got a few grabs, and even one lick of her breasts. That may have been a little across the line, but she took her shirt off, so maybe thats what she expected. I guess thats ok until she says no or brushes hands away and then its wrong. But another girl was being passed around fully clothed and suddenly some guys started like ripping her pants off. I think they were the kind of jeans where they're cut down the side and then laced up and tied and someone untied or ripped the tie. Then the hands started grabbing at her chest and groin. Like really violently. It was the most disturbing way I have ever seen a woman treated and it really pissed me off. Obviously she was unhappy and eventually got let down with her pants at least partially on. THERE IS NO FUCKING EXCUSE OR RATIONALE FOR THAT BEHAVIOR. I then saw multiple women get felt up and have their shirts pulled at and a few get goosed in the vajayjay, and one of them started kicking wildly as if, you know, maybe she didnt feel like getting to 2nd base with a total stranger. I moved closer to the action to see if I could determine who was doing this and maybe get up the balls to do something about it, but I couldnt tell and pretty soon the girls got the idea that maybe crowd surfing in that area was a bad idea. I did however end up next to a couple biker looking guys who were vowing to find the assholes who were molesting these underage looking girls and kick their asses. I hung out next to them for a bit figuring that if I did see someone do it and try to confront him, it would be good to have the biker guys around (or more likely, I could help them find the guys and let them do the dirty work). Few things make me want to get into a fight I'm bound to loose, and this is one of them... However as I'm yet to ever get into a fight, I clearly lack the balls. Still, those asses not only violated poor highschool girls, they ruined part of the System of a Down concert for me as I was watching for more molestation instead of the concert. Eventually after I didnt see anything for a while, I went back to the rest of the group and had a much better time, but I still looked back every once in a while to see if there was any more going on.

Anyway, If one of those unfortunate girls reads this, I appologize for my gender, and hope your ok. And if one of those guys reads this, you should be very ashamed, and you need to learn to treat women with respect. Perhaps thats the reason why you have to feel up unsuspecting underage looking girls at concerts to get your kicks instead of having a woman who will let you do that to them.

Next time you go to a concert, act civilized.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Upgrade to Firefox 1.5!